1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with wiring non-JBL front tweeters please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by olerox, Jul 30, 2011.

1. olerox

olerox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am upgrading my 2005 non-JBL speakers with Infinity 6030cs component system with passive crossovers in front. I have read everything I could on PC to prepare for this installation.

I anticipated 2 wires from the head unit to the new crossovers, then with a split at the crossovers to the new woofers, and the new snazzy tweeters bing bang done. But when I dismantled the car tonight I was thrown off when I see that there are 4 wires to the original tweeters. Cripes.

So my questions are,

1) Should I disregard the original wiring in the front doors and tap into the original output 2 wires from HU then to the new crossover, then to both woofer and tweeter? If so, what color wires are the original output wires from HU?

2) Since the plug to the original woofers does not indicate + or -, how can I tell how to start the chain of connections?

F8L...can you educate a fool?

tweetplugs.jpg

tweetplug.jpg

infinity.jpg

Thanks for any help...!

2. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If my memory serves me correctly black and Yellow will be the - and +

If you can since the new ones don't just hook up u need to tap into them

1 person likes this.
  3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    http://priuschat.com/forums/attachm...42887-aftermarket-nav-audio-choice-img015.pdf

This is for 2010 Non-JBL, but I believe the speaker wiring is essentially the same as yours. Front squawker has 4 wires, 2 in from HU and 2 out to woofer. You could piece meal existing wiring with the cross overs located in the kick panels. Consider space and keep splices to a minimum. I took another approach, but was a little more involved.

1 person likes this.