1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Davit9939

Davit9939 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I bought a Prius persona in 2013 brand-new and in about a year or year and a half later start slowly coming noises from interior plastics and now it's a 2 1/2-year-old car and I have noises from every single plastic that's in the interior. $29,000 car and two years 2 1/2 years after it's just annoying and embarrassing for Toyota. Dealership is refusing to do anything because I'm over 36,000 miles and the warranty that I bought originally with the car is refusing to do anything too. And the dealership wants to charge me about $120 per hour just to start and it could take up to the whole day or two days or half a day and it could cost me thousands of dollars on a $29,000 car is two years old, unbelievable. Don't buy it!
    Does anybody have any idea what could be done in this case? Thanks advance.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! i have stopped buying toyota products for this very reason.

my last purchase was april 2012.

have you considered chrysler? all the best!(y)

3. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I never buy new cars for that reason. You paid lots of money, and two and a half years later you have a two and a half year old car worth nothing and plastics are making noise. You cold have saved lots of money if you bought a 5- year old Prius with no noisy plastics.
    Alex

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Many owners don't see the importance of addressing warranty issues asap. Once the warranty runs out and the repairs will be on your dime. Don't procrastinate.........

I'm having the same issue with my 2006 Prius.....it's like a noisy plastic toy car.

5. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Knock on wood. This is my second Prius, and I have no noise. I am actually quite sensitive to little noises, too. Have you tried taking everything out of the vehicle that you have stored in the compartments to see if it is something else? Maybe it is because I keep mine garaged, limiting the expansion and contraction of the dash components over time?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    some people remove the dash, center console, door panels and etc., and put felt between any mating surfaces.