1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ThunderJon, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

Please anyone respond!!!

I was installing my coastal ev mod on my 2006, well in my giddiness, I 'finished' (not full reassembly) turned it on and check engine, vsc and exclamation were on... did this three times before I realized I did not reinsert the gray plug...

Did I hose the car? It drives with plug reinserted, seems ok, but the check engine light is staying on... any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

try and re-boot it 3 or 4 times it should go out. And I doubt that you hosed it unless you put the pin in the wrong hole.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Depends, take it for a drive around the block and see if it stays on. Doubtful that anything serious is wrong just may need to reset. Don't do this until you check oil, fluids and other misc. things.

Wildkow

4. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

Thanks, got the light off... ev seems not to work... will check the taps and orange wire tomorrow. Thanks guys.

5. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    three or four reboots clears most problems once they're rectified.
    It's called "N-trip detection logic"; in many cases, each power-up
    counts as a "trip".
    _H*

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, you weren't supposed to turn on the car until you plug the ECU module back in. If it doesn't work, 90% of the time, it's the orange pin.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here's how to tell for sure if the EV switch is working:

With the car in READY mode (that is, you can drive it) put the MFD to any screen other than the Energy screen. Then pull on the c/c stalk to activate the switch and hold it for a slow count to 5. (It should actually take 2 or 3 seconds.) If the switch is working, one of two things will happen:

Either the car will go into EV mode, as indicated by the MFD switching to the Energy screen and emitting one beep as the screen changes; OR the car will emit three quick beeps indicating that the current conditions do not permit EV mode. (Engine within the first few minutes after startup; battery SOC too low; battery temp too hot or too cold; vehicle speed too fast; vehicle accelerating; etc.)

If neither of these things happens, the switch is not working.

Remember that you have to pull and hold on the stalk. If you don't hold it long enough the switch will not activate. They say two seconds, but it seems like 3 to me.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    P.S. If the MFD is already on the Energy screen, there will be no indication that you've gone into EV mode. Only if the car refuses, will you get an indication, in the form of 3 beeps. (In which case the switch is working, but the car is outside the EV parameters at that moment.)