1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Born 2 Run

Born 2 Run New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I need to know the bulb type for the front dome/map lights on my 2008 Touring model. Every auto store manual shows these as plug-in bulbs but I twisted mine out. There was no receptacle on the back end as they rest in what looks like a circuit board. Problem is, they all fell back into the receptacle (this is the unit that also houses the sunglass storage). I tried to pry out the entire receptacle but gave up as it looked as if it might break. Failing this, I'll have to get a hangar to fish them out...

2. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try the bulb finder on superbrightleds.com

Galaxy Note 4 ?

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2 years ago I did the exact same thing. Bulb fell back inside. I tried to but cannot figure out how it comes out without forcing it. Let me know if you get it out please.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you want to remove the map light assembly, there are two screws to be removed. It looks like the screws are accessible when the plastic lens is removed from the assembly. Then there is a plastic clip located at each corner of the assembly (hence, four clips to disengage). Use a moulding remover to pry up the map light assembly at each corner, hopefully that will do the job without causing damage to the plastic.

I don't know what bulb is required, but I would think you would want to remove the failed bulbs so they do not rattle around.