1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Gibraham Morgan

Gibraham Morgan New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, I need some help. My driver's side tire exploded and it ripped off some wires from their sockets. As consequence, the A/C stopped working. I was wondering if any of you knew how to wire this part in circled in red. Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 20.55.49.png

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. The container in the photo is the engine coolant heat recovery system canister, and the pump adjacent to that canister is the engine coolant heat recovery pump. It runs for a few seconds upon startup and shutdown. Its purpose is to speed up engine warmup from a cold start, to reduce exhaust emissions output.
    2. There should be two wires in the connector you circled. According to the wiring diagram, Pin 1 is white/black and connects to body ground. Pin 2 is blue and provides 12V power from the CHRS relay.
    3. You can download the electrical wiring diagram at techinfo.toyota.com which is a subscription website.
    4. Although that wiring harness connector may have been damaged in the tire blowout, that is not the cause of the AC system not working. If you think it is, you will need to look deeper.

3. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That wiring problem will give you a check engine light until it's fixed, but like Patrick says, it won't noticeably affect your drive.

And the check engine light, which presumably is lit now, will give a technician with the proper Toyota diagnostic scanner a complete list of the circuits that need work.

Like Patrick says, to fix any wiring harness problem, the technician will absolutely need access to the manufacturer's wiring diagram and the correct terminals. Good luck with this one.