1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prakash, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Prakash

Prakash New Member

What seems to have happened is that my Hybrid Vehicle Battery became discharged, therefore not allowing the Prius
    to go into ready mode. Any suggestions on this problem? I am contacting Toyota first thing in the morning, so that they can
    inspect the vehicle.

2. Prakash

Prakash New Member

Any ideas will help.

Thank You in advance. Toyota WILL be picking up this vehicle in the morning.
    Have a nice day everyone.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    How did your battery completely discharge? Are you sure it's your hybrid battery and not your 12v? I left the dome light on once and drained my battery. When that happened, the car honked and beeped before it died. Sort of a cry for help.

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prakash @ Jun 20 2006, 03:54 AM) [snapback]273979[/snapback]</div>
    It is the 12V aux battery that boots up the computers and puts the car in Ready, not the hybrid battery. You might have drained your 12V battery, like Tony said.

5. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I think Scotty's right. You can just start it with jumper cables, Prakash, as per the owner's manual (the connection's under the hood, inside a plastic cover on the right side.)

I'll take you to lunch if you depleted the HSD battery pack. You might need a drink or two.