1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Mason

Mason New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My AC in my 2010 Toyota Prius doesn't blow very hard(it never really has). It's got 250k miles on it(I bought it a year ago with 207k) and my parents(2011) and GF(2007) each have a Prius and their AC blows way harder and colder than mine. How do I fix this?

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    This is NOT meant to be a mean or nasty comment, just the truth:
    If you have to ask, then YOU probably can't fix it........beyond checking the cabin air filter, the air inlet by the base of the windshield and the radiator to be sure it isn't plugged up.
    Call around to some dealers in your area and ask what it would cost to have them diagnose the problem.

3. Mason

Mason New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'll do it myself. Get lost

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    air pressure is one thing, and cold is another. make sure you're not in eco mode.

5. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    ...or in Auto. Auto will adjust fan speed automatically, depending on outside air temp, cabin temp, and amount of sunlight hitting the solar sensor.

bisco likes this.
  6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This sounds like the most common solution. It's amazing how clogged they can get. It's like trying to breathe through a triple layer face mask...

7. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In the big scheme of things, the quantity of air being moved by the blower depends on a suction path, a discharge path and blower speed. Temperature of the air is a completely different consideration.

Determine which of the 3 areas is the cause of the 'reduced' flow and correct it.

8. pjksr02

pjksr02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can you hear the fan running faster as you set the speed higher?

If there's a problem with the mixing servo, that will set a code, readable with Techstream (or other high-level code readers). It's not uncommon for a servo to get "stuck". Mine got "stuck" for some time, and I almost decided to replace it, but then fortunately it "unstuck" in hot summer weather, two years ago - it still is working OK, knock on wood.

PS - Do you know about the EGR system clogging issues in these cars? Has yours been cleaned?