1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by CuseFan, Jun 24, 2008.

1. CuseFan

CuseFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum, so I am still trying to figure things out. I am on a waiting list for a 2008 package #2 Prius. I am currently driving a 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited (and still like it). When I trade in/sell my Rav4, I will be able to keep my monthly payment close to what I am paying now, but will save ~$100.00 a month on gas alone. I am a little nervous how the Prius will handle the Central NY winters (I have asked some and they said with snow tires I should not have any problems). I am a little concerned with driving a hybrid (b/c I have never owned one), and worry that there will be an expensive problem that would not be covered under the warranty. So.....I was just wondering if anyone could help ease my nerves about this purchase or have any idea about the Prius handling winter driving. Thanks!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are members driving around in harsher winter climates than you (and me). Get a set of snow tires or at least an all weather tire.

The hybrid parts are covered for 10 years/150,000 miles. The Prius needs less maintenance than "normal" cars and has the highest reliability rating. I just spent $800 to fix the Intrigue's climate control and expect something else to fail. I would be very surprised and disappointed if I have to spend this kind of money on the Prius within the same timeframe.

I'd rather push a Prius than drive a Chevy but since it's a Toyota I won't have to.

3. CuseFan

CuseFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks JimN! My husband and I are now thinking of trading in his Dodge truck. We will not get near as much in a trade as my Rav, but we figure we can spend the same amount with the monthly payment/gas as we are on the truck. We figure if we can do that and get rid of the truck we would be happy!

4. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good move, the Dodge is hungrier than a RAV4. Hope you get your Prius soon.