1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

help.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jayl, Jul 16, 2011.

1. jayl

jayl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I have a prius 2, with a nav that has a voice activation switch.

Can some one tell me if I can purchase the silver trim piece on the steering wheel that has the factory voice activation and BT switches? I take it that I should be able to purchase this...

To verify do you know if the factory voice activation switch is a momentary switch? What I would like to do is to use that with my aftermarket nav's voice activation switch.

Also how difficult would it be to run a wire from the steering to the back of the stereo? Also is it possible that there is any type of unused wiring for the voice activation etc... in a prius 2?

I have done this in my other car where I use a factory momentary switch to connect to the NAV's voice activation switch.

Thanks,
    Jay

2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    *If* you can find the steering buttons, I believe the wiring is already there.

The issue is with the interface. I know on the PAC SWI steering interface (for HUs), it does *not* support BT or NAV - so that makes it kinda pointless....

3. jayl

jayl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    the only thing I would want to use form the wiring is basically a pair of wires that I can connect to the voice activation switch.. (factorY) and to my after market Nav's voice activation sw... by the NAV..