1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hemi vs. Squishy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by enerjazz, Aug 5, 2004.

1. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dodge is always touting the "HEMI" in their ads even though most people probably have no clue what it means. When I was reading the detailed THSII web site (http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/tech/environment/ths2/index.html) I noticed the following paragraph. I think Toyota should really market this. :)

"VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-intelligent) is used to carefully adjust the intake valve timing according to operating conditions, always obtaining maximum efficiency. Additionally, the use of an oblique squish compact combustion chamber ensures rapid flame propagation throughout the entire combustion chamber. High thermal efficiency, coupled with reductions in both the size and weight of the engine body through the use of an aluminum alloy cylinder block, and a compact intake manifold, etc., help improve the fuel efficiency. "

Who needs a HEMI when you can have a the Squishy (which is also a feature at Apu's Quickie Mart on the Simpsons).