1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Here come the '06's

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by OUscarb, Oct 8, 2005.

1. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Just thought I would post this. I just got a call here on Sat morning, the 8th, from my dealer in Tulsa. He said he just got out of a meeting and they have 3 '06 Prius's that will be there in the next 2 weeks. He has a white one,beige, & green one with a BI package. The BI is an 05 code, but he said they were definately 2006 models. His boss just gave them all the printout on them.

We are holding off for a package 5, so I declined, :( , But they are starting to roll out.

Just thought I would pass this along.

2. jayselle

jayselle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Which dealer in Tulsa?

I live in Jenks but had to drive to Bob Howard in Oklahoma City to get my Prius, which was a mistake.

But the dealers here in Tulsa seemed unknowledgeable about the Prius. Couldn't give me an accurate time estimate to order (varied from 3-10 weeks).

3. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Riverside, Gregg Bliss

We tried to buy some from Bob Howard and that was a nightmare!

4. TulsaTime

TulsaTime New Member

hmmm got the same call from riverside Tulsa but was told that these Prius' were all '05's

Sometimes I think dealers just say what they think you want to hear. :(

But please let us know about your experience with Riverside Tulsa. I have my qualms about buying there, but I preferred the saleman there.

edit: added the last line

5. thegoodlifeisgood

thegoodlifeisgood New Member

What color could they be referring to when they say a green 2006? The closest I can see would be the silver pine mica....a far cry from green.

I just got an update from my dealer saying that I am 63 out of 186 on the preferred 2006 waiting list. I am waiting for Package #8.

Here's the info from my dealer, in case it is of interest to others:

Total Prius Order Backlog - USA only: 25,000
    Toyota Sunnyvale Order Backlog: 264
    Your Overall Position on the Waiting List: 182/63rd on the 2006 preferrenced (though this may change since we know not all the 2005 orders will be filled)
    Your Position for 2006 Package #8 (loaded with Leather) : 40
    -------------------------
    Date Order Placed:September 17, 2005
    Estimated Delivery at Time Order Placed: 4 to 16 weeks
    Current Estimated Delivery: January Febuary 2006
    -------------------------
    We will keep you up to date as more information becomes available.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.
    For your information:
    The 2006 will be coming in December at what is anticipated to be a higher price.
    Feature changes:
    Standard: Tire Pressure Monitoring System & Advanced Airbag
    Exterior: Front Headlamp, and Rear Combination lamp minor freshening
    4 new colors
    Interior: Color change on Dash (burgundy dropped replaced by dark
    gray textured grain)
    New Options:
    Rear Camera
    Base and JBL audio will include MP3 readability and input
    jack
    Premium audio will include Blue-tooth without requirement
    for NAV
    2 leather choices on package #8 only

6. 06prius

06prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    This is good to hear. If they are 06's you'll have to let us know the pricing. I will most likely order at the beginning of the year so that if I am lucky it would be in when all the snow is gone.

7. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

During my conversation with the dealer yesterday, he told me that the '06 equivalent to a package 6 would be running right around $31k.

8. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Woah. That would be a 15% increase. Maybe he was talking about his own asking price, not MSRP.

9. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

The top end package also includes features the BC package for 05 didn't have like the rear backup camera...

Still, I wanna see the real prices from Toyota before I judge.

10. Dan.

Dan. MPG Centurion

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Talking to a lot of dealers and a bit of time in the wayback machine and it looks like the increase (for base, no packages) has historically been 2%. 15% would definately be unusual, or even historic, espesially with no major changes from year to year other than demand. But I'll never be surprised by a corporation trying to make money, I'll just be disappointed that I will have to get something beside a Prius.

11. 06prius

06prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I certainly hope that package #8 is not that much. An 05 with package 6 and delivery is a little under $27K so I was guessing the 2006 w/package #8 would be about $29K or so.

Well, I guess we'll find out pricing within a few weeks I would imagine.

12. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I'm also hoping that we won't see an increase like that - I think I want an 05 package 4 (should I get that lucky) or an 06 package 6, and an increase of 4k means I need to go buy a 2005. Right now.

13. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That was pretty much my guess, too -- 2% general increase plus about $1500 for the leather seats. Time will tell...

14. larrydgentzler

larrydgentzler New Member

Sounds like someone is trying to sell a 2005 by waving a 15% increase in front of those who would prefer to wait for the 2006's. Personally I'll take my chances the 2006 is worth the wait and with the tax credit it is definitely worth the wait.

15. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

Well, that could be, but I was already sold on getting the car. He may also have been just referring to "Out the door price" rather than MSRP.

16. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

I placed my order yesterday and my salesman who seemed on the ball said he would expect about a $700 increase in price from 2005 vs 2006 on the non leather nav package.... I cant wait to hear more, I am supposed to get a call as soon as the prices and packages are official and then once it is allocated.