1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Here's your sign.. Stupidity we run across as we make our trek through life

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by docmirror, Dec 4, 2013.

1. docmirror

docmirror New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Post your encounter with dumb people, things or situations.
    Went skiing this past weekend, and my annual pass doesn't cover the ski hill I went to for that day, but covers the other ski places which issues a nice picture ID with RFID, and a mag strip. I stopped at the season pass office to pay the difference for skiing on a day I wasn't covered for(blacked out). I hand the clerk my season pass, and ask her to sell me the discounted day pass. There's a CC bound to my account, and she scans the photo ID in her hand. She says the price, and asked me how I want to pay for it. I said to use the CC that is on my profile in their system.

After about 10 minutes of watching here hunt and click at her terminal, she says I can't use that card for ski passes. Huh? Why do you think I have the CC in my profile? So, she asks another clerk, who clicks a few more times, and finds the right section and bills my CC. She has my season pass, with photo, mag strip, and RFID in her hand and says: "I need to see a picture ID please."

I just stared at her.