1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hertz and Avis to add hybrids

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by San_Carlos_Jeff, Jun 14, 2007.

1. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
  2. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Should be really helpful to prospective buyers. We rented one for 4 days in 2005 to see if we liked it--bought a car on the 3rd day.
    Carl

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    About time.

I had to drive up to Carlsbad to rent a Prius when mine was in the shop. I called both Hertz and Avis (among others) and every time I was told they do not have any Prius or any other hybrid to rent, I told them thank you very much but I'm not interested in what you have to offer. Maybe they got one to many phone calls like that. Or maybe they see the resale value is high and they can rent the car for a year and still get a good return when they sell it.

4. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Good News, lets hope they don't put too much of a premium on them. I was sold on hybrids when I rented a Civic Hybrid in San Francisco. It was only $10 more so a said "what the heck". If it was much more though I probably would have gotten a standard car like I did when we did our week long trip through some of the national parts in CA.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    'bout time. When we were looking for a courtesy car, we couldn't find any Toyota hybrids. We settled for a Mazda5 GT. It was one hell of a car (or van) but still would've preferred a hybrid.

6. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Let's see... Hertz is spending $ 68,000,000 for 3,400 cars. That works out to exactly $ 20,000 per automobile. Not a bad deal; but not really a great deal either (depending upon options).

Keith :unsure:

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The Hertz in Sun City, AZ has offered the Prius for a while, though the rep said most people prefer standard cars as they're intimidated by the hybrid technology (i.e. how do I turn it on, put it in drive, etc.). I imagine that's changing though - I see quite a few Prius in that area.