1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hertz DSK 165 or Diamond Audio M561 Component??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danger, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is going into my GENIII IV w/ JBL system. I am not going to be replacing the HU or Amp. I just want a little bit more better sound. Which of the two system would be best for up front? I know I will get the DCX 165 for the rear. Should I change the rear tweeters as well? THe hertz DSK is on sale for super cheap same goes for the DCX so price won't be a factor.

2. drowssap

drowssap Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You're wasting your money on either of those speakers if you don't change the HU or run a clean sweep or dsp somehow. You will seriously be just fine with a pioneer set of speakers for $99. I am really picky about sound And I know that bigger price does not equal bigger sound sometimes. But I do know that anything is an upgrade from the JBL system speakers. Also...the rears only purpose is for fill....so if you are only concerned with the sound quality for the two front passengers...just go for mids in the rear.