1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hertz offering $6 hourly rental fee for electric Smart

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by Rybold, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hertz offering $6 hourly rental fee for electric Smart - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. caffeinekid

caffeinekid Duct Tape Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are so many municipalities where this would be a great addition. Hopefully Car2go is on top of this one. Austin, Texas is a prime market for owning a fleet of short term rental EVs.

3. gasmiser1

gasmiser1 EV Wantabee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
  4. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    10 years ago? is that how far behind we are? sheesh, that is sad. Well, here's to a more EV future. Let's get going on this. gasoline is for the dinosaur age (pun intended).

5. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The car2go in austin is a little more money $13/hr, $0.35/min. But it includes gas and insurance, and you can drop it off anywhere in the car2go area. There is usually one on my street, and I've taken one and parked it downtown where there are special car2go spots. I don't think they have plans to roll out the electric ones in austin yet. The utility has a number of car2go and prii for employees to drive.