1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hesitation in Accelerating after Recall Service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by FWalker, Dec 18, 2012.

1. FWalker

FWalker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2008 Prius with 94K miles. I had previously ignored the recall for sudden acceleration because we have never had any symptoms and feared tampering with it. The dealer talked me into the recall repair Saturday when the car was in for an oil change and tire rotation. Since then it has twice refused to accelerate from a stopped position and then lurched into motion after a moment. It feels almost like the transmission is slipping.
    Anybody had any experience with this?
    Thanks.

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to PC I know this will sound strange but the first thing to check is the oil level. If it is over filled by even a small amount this can cause problems, better slightly under than over on the dip stick.

If it is over filled take it back to the dealer and get them to drain some oil. Do not let them talk you out of this as it is a known problem with the Prius.Please put your where you are from in your avatar as this helps us to help you.

John (Britprius).

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If the oil has been over filled, once corrected give it a couple of days if the symptoms do not go away you will need the throttle body and MAF censer cleaned.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    since they chopped the gas pedal, perhaps they didn't put it back together correctly?