1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi Everybody - I'm waiting for my new 08 Prius to arrive

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by saminjax, Mar 2, 2008.

1. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is my first post. I'm Sam(antha) and just bought my brand new 2008 Prius yesterday. I came to this site looking for tips and info and it appears I came to the right place. My magnetic gray 2008 Prius will be arriving this week and I should be able to pick it up Wednesday or Thursday. I'm so excited!!! They are actually "waiting for the ship from Japan" to bring it in. Can't get much newer than that! :);):) I guess I'm a package 1 girl (didn't really know what that meant in my registration) because I just got the basic model. It is super snazzy to me, though, and has all I need.

I started looking into getting a Prius for the usual reasons, such as great gas mileage and wanting to be greener. My friend bought one a couple of months ago and has just been loving it. I decided it was time to pounce. My test drive (last week) blew me away. What an AMAZING automobile. Was dazzled by all the things they told me at the dealership about the efficiency of it. If only the rest of the world used energy so efficiently. Can't believe the brakes charge it up - so impressive! I really like the good use of space in the Prius, too - very Toyota-ish - so clever and just good engineering. Love the trunk for that!

A lot of people told me that I was going to have a hard time adjusting to having less power (I had a zippy Hyundai Sonata), but in my test drive, I was impressed with the power. I took it out on the highway and it got up and went - no complaints! It is so eerily quiet at the lights. So different in about a milion ways. Can't wait til Wednesday!

Gonna love driving past the gas station more often (I traded in a V6, so I've been feeding the monster a lot). Shall I give them the finger? hee hee...probably not a good idea...

-Sam

2. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes. Absolutely, yes.

3. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    lol
    they deserve the finger...

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Sam(antha), welcome to PriusChat! Just use your index finger and murmer "Foolish fuelish drivers". We all share the road...

5. gman11377

gman11377 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the car (your gonna love it), look for my spectra blue mica one in and around town. My wife travels there on business quite frequently. Look for the blue prius with the NRA sticker...:rolleyes:

6. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Sam,
    Nice color. Congrats! I picked up my new car on Tuesday and have been smiling everytime I drive past the gas pumps. I drove an Infiniti FX 35 with 18mpg. Checked out the difference in cars on the EPA MPG site and found that for every 25 miles the Prius roughly saves me 3 dollars, The savings in just gas a year is around $1800 bucks. So yeah, give them the finger.
    Rusty

7. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Sam, welcome to the forum and to Prius ownership, I think you'll find both to be quite gratifying. I'm curious to hear more about your Package 1, hadn't previously seen an '08 in that configuration.

8. Rockville1

Rockville1 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Sam,

Congrats on your new Prius! You will love this vehicle!

I'm wondering if you really have a Package 2 instead of 1 (I had read they don't really sell the Package 1, but start at Package 2).

Here are the Package 1 and 2 features:

9. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Sam,

Welcome to PC and congratulations on the car. I bought mine 1.5 years ago and it still gives me the chills when I get on the seat.

10. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Give 'em two fingers if you got 'em!

11. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Three more days of wait, Sam. ;)

Congrats on the new Prius.

12. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I wouldn't give the old finger to my fellow drivers - only to the gas station as I drive by...:D

13. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, I guess I'm more of a package 2, except that I won't have the backup camera. I will have all those other things you listed for package 2, though.

Mine was less expensive than the other Prius models they had on the lot. I was out the door (with tax, title, and all the fees) for $24,049.

I'm just so glad to be getting a Prius. I've wanted one for so long. It is so beautiful. It seems like Wednesday will never get here!

14. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thank you SO MUCH for this incredible amount of information! I have printed it all out and will put it to good use. So helpful! Thank you thank you thank you!
    :):):):)

16. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've had mine for 2 months and love it. As a matter of fact it just gets better and better. Good information here on priuschat. Welcome aboard!:D