1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi from Toronto

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by andy_p, Feb 26, 2013.

1. andy_p

andy_p New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just pick up new to me 2010 prius with 90k km in a blue ribbon metallic yesterday.
    I was looking at prius for years but never pull the trigger... till my WRX got totalled.
    After a week of looking around I decided to trust toyota dealer with the used car... stupid idea I should know better.
    I have had better experience with shady car places than a toyota dealer in Toronto.
    Knowing I can trust nobody I still did it... my hood needs to be repainted on a car I have for 10 hours, rest of the car looks worst than expected. Price to pay for trust and winter shopping.
    I just learned salt nicely blend clear coat and paint damage plus toyota dealers are as bad as the rest.
    But I have 1y 20k warranty, thats 8k more than if I got a perfect looking prius from a less authorized place.
    My trust is in prius now, I don't blame the car for my huge disappointment, I actually like the car a lot and hope saving in gas will cover repainting random parts of the car at some point.
    ...just needed to vent. It can only get better.
    On the happy note, my 100km trip used 4.5 l on the dash, refreshing from 14l premium in wrx :)

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy. Good luck with the paint situation.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about the WRX and the paint. It is tough to keep the darker colors looking good. I really like my white for that reason.

4. andy_p

andy_p New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I would prefer white but i could not afford one used.
    With my paint problem, one place said it is a problem under the clear coat and second opinion from other toyota dealer claims it is just some tree sap or different crap on the car.
    I will wait for better weather and take a closer look.