1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi from USA

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by abishai100, Aug 13, 2008.

1. abishai100

abishai100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :D

I'm a U.S. citizen but I am Asian-Indian by ethnicity. India is notorious for overpopulation and a dusty, humid atmosphere. Our Tata buses have bad emissions and being, like, jungle people colonized by smart white people, we think it's normal to destroy the Earth.

I am engaged to a British-American woman, and she was the one who told me about the Prius. She's a big Leo DiCaprio fan (I am too, but she turned me on), and I did further research on the Prius and the Nissan Altima Hybrid and also the Ford Focus.

The Prius is a wise and safe choice. Thanks for reading!

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :welcome:

Welcome, abishai. I always enjoy hearing from people who either live or have lived outside the US. Thanks for sharing & I hope you'll join in more of the discussions.

Just a warning ... if you go there, Fred's House of Politics can get a little nasty. :boxing::rant::fencing:

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to the forum abishai. Definitely lots of information you can read and learn here. Purchasing a Prius is one of the best purchase I've ever made and a lot of Prius owners are also saying the same thing. Regards.

4. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't sell yourself, or your country short. Tata is making some other good options. I think they're looking at electric vehicles (at least some Indian car company is, maybe Reva??), but Tata is definitely looking at making the air-car practical and selling it in a year or two. That's a car that's filled up at home or wherever with compressed air, and the compressed air then runs the car. I think the model they will sell first is a series hybrid - it also has a gas engine to run a compressor after a certain distance. I think it's advertised as getting 106 mpg equivalent.