1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi guys-Prius Obsession

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by littleblue, Dec 17, 2008.

1. littleblue

littleblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got my prius a couple days ago. I am still obsessed with it. Worry about it day and night when ever I park it on the street. Anyway, I am very pleased with it so far.

2. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to PC. When I got mine almost exactly one year ago I left on a 1500 mile trip just a few days later. When I would spend a night in a hotel I would find my room, then move the car into a space where I could see it from my window, and wake up several times during the night to look out and make sure it was still there and unmolested. Egads. Much better now! But I know what you are going through......it'll pass, but is actually kind of fun while it lasts.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat! I do urge you to check out the Knowledge Base forum for extra information.

4. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome! I got mine in May and I'm still pretty protective of it.

5. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome, its a normal thing. I got mine in March and even now with 14,400 miles, I take care of it like no other car we have, including the G35. My room is above the driveway and if I am up late, I'll grab the key fob and hit Lock every hour just to be safe. Every little noise makes me run to the window and look at what is going on because there have been some vehicle thefts/break ins in our area

6. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't worry, your obsession over the well-being of your new car Prius will gradually evolve into an addiction to PriusChat and an obsession with maximizing your MPG. Tons of information here. If you're the techie type, you will become obsessed with learning all the technical intricacies and practicing methods to maximize your MPG, perhaps even outfitting your "family member" with all sorts of accessories.

Your first purchase: ScanGauge II, because unfortunately, the Prius hides a bunch of information really useful in improving your MPG.

7. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    congrats! keep the little "bugger" nice, safe and warm.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PEOPLE!

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Totally normal what you're going through.

I still park mine far away at store lots, etc... garaged at night and I've kept my 1988 Toyota pickup for all the 'dirty work'.

9. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I lock mine in a shed at home and at work after a year and a half and I live and work in a very low crime area.

I hide it from the sun and the moon. With something this good you cant trust anyone.