1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi guys, the newest newbie

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by virtualdood, Jun 14, 2009.

1. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

In a house with a mouse, on an island amongst the
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just got an 09 touring 6 (or i believe) with 13k miles. What took me so long? :confused:

the 1st basic questions trying to decipher the bells and whistles. I looked around on net and see a lot of people too were wondering stuff like auto lights, xm, the dvd, heated mirrors. So i feel good that these curiositys a lot of nubes had. :D so i am dumb as not u am think you are LOL

Looks like auto lights is NOT a U.S. feature? correct?

XM is a capability, NOT built in?

dvd is already inside, not an ejectable? i was going crazy looking for it :tinfoil3::der:

And heated mirrors work in tandem w/rear defrost.

All this at least i have read online FWIW LOL

Since i just woke up and am recovering from road trip, i'll go get all paperwork to comb through later. But odd- i don't recall seeing where in the paper work it says the PCKG 6 touring, but i found that hard to discover even on the new 09's on the lot. It sounds stupid, but really, what a hard to find pice of nomenclature. I think 1 key with dealer tag said touring, and i think i saw it specfied somewhere, but it wasn't like "HEY DUMMY, I'm a Touring pckg 6!!!!" :p

WEIRD THINGS: i thought higher model prius's had pwr driver seats. Tinted windows are not really standard- let me say it this way- i have 3 rear windows very dark, and apparently it was a custom job the dealer had someone do, NOT standard or factory. But it looks nice :rockon: stock fog lights SUCK:bored: sucks to turn them on with the nice HID light dominating the scene. So i plan to buy some good fog lights or better bulbs.

probably more quirks and questions. But i am deciphering much as i go a long and wil most likely read way more than i drive over at least the next 5 hours!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry: need to drive! LOL

Well so glad to get the car and change my destiny :cool: And glad to join the forum. The element of discovery right now is totally cool. reading, driving, SAVING on gas. :thumb:

I'll no doubt have more questions. And like i said i think i get most of the above quests. already figured out. But if i missed let me know. OH- you know on new cars- the feature disclosures sheet with price etc. Typically on used you dont get that. But is tehre a way to search that out with vin or something. Cafax shouldn't have it. But maybe a way to look up the original eqt on my ride? that would be handy.

Any way gang- super stoked. Gotta go read books etc. and then plana roadt trip :rockon::cheer2::rockon:

2. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    BTW- yeah, sorry long. I'm usually a brief poster. just brainstorming/learning about the new car.

3. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hello -

NO power seats. only the 2010 has them.

FOGLAMPS suck - yes, but be careful what kind of bulb you put in them. i can't confirm if this is true, but i was told that the new bulb might draw additional amperage that the stock wiring cannot handle. many here might be able to help more on this one.

PUMP up the tires to 42/40.

ENJOY the car. congrats. also, check your local laws and tint the windows, yes, including that strip below your spoiler.

1 person likes this.
  4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If Hammy bought a Prius I bet his first post on PC would sound just like that! :p

[​IMG]

Welcome to PC!

5. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks guys.

Learning a lot. Quite a different machine than a conventional car. Lot of reading and lot of fun.

6. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: I have the same car as you - it's great! I'm still learning, and I've had it for about a month and a half. What color is yours?

Correct on both counts. XM is built into some levels of the '10 but not the '09.

DVD for the Nav system is already inside, under the passenger seat, I believe.

There is no special branding on the Touring. You can only tell by the 16" 7-spoke wheels (non-touring has 15" 6-spoke wheels) and the larger spoiler.

Someone on this forum has posted a list of features in the different packages. I'll try to find it for you.

Edit: Found the link - this should be helpful:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/knowledge-base-articles-discussion/62272-compiled-packages-gen-ii.html

1 person likes this.
  7. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks man

I was actually being funny about the pckg 6 info. Not so much the branding- but thinking in the papers etc it doesn't sem to just simply say "prius 6" :der: LOL

it took me discovering using the '09 brochure. Figuring i had what each package had THEN add the leather :juggle: but i got it LOL. I hit level 5 then added leather and was in. Leather was NOT my bag in any car I ever had. Never wanted it, esp with dogs in and out of cars. Well, got the leather and LUV it adn the dogs can stay out! haha

Oh and the rims was the other thing your right. BTW it's 16" though :p

i'm gonna post a few pics in a minute. Just uploading them.

Thanks for the link too :thumb:

8. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Blauer,

my bad. i just re-read your comment on the rims. You were correct. I stand and sit corrected.

9. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A