1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HI I am Speedwing!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Speedwing, May 20, 2008.

1. Speedwing

Speedwing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello everyone! My wife was on a mission the morning of May 3rd to find a Prius. Every dealer in my area was sold out. The 10th dealer she called had one left. It was a Barcelona Red, Package 6, with bisque leather. We told our salesman Bob Miller that we would be right up. We basically made a commitment to buy over the phone and were very glad we did as two other couples were waiting for us to say no when we got there. We said YES and took it home with us.

Last week we drove from the Philly area down to Myrtle Beach S.C. for vacation and Bike Week. The Prius performed flawlessly. We had lots of miles to figure out the Nav system and all the other features. 475 miles of return trip on I-95 (65 to 80 mph) with stop and go traffic in the DC area netted us 49.8 mpg. :p

I am a big participant on the MINI Cooper forums, and hope to be useful on this forum. I am now driving our 2005 MINI "Hendrix" to work, and my wife is driving the Prius. Her SUV is sold, and my 4x4 pick-up is enjoying semi-retirement.

It is a good feeling to be driving in the Green :D!

Speedwing

2. lfwintx

lfwintx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congratulations! I'll soon be ordering the Barcelona red with bisque interior, so I'm glad to hear you love yours.

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to PriusChat, Speedwing, and congratulations on the purchase of the best production car available.

4. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome, Speedwing! I used to catch some of the Bike Weeks in Daytona. It was always interesting to see the folks that drove to Daytona with nice cars and a bike trailer in tow until they got to the outskirts of town. It was hard to recognize some of the doctors and lawyers from the everyday bikers because they were growing beards a few weeks before their trip!:)