1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi I've Got A Lot To Learn

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SSCH, May 17, 2011.

1. SSCH

SSCH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've got the first Prius in the neighborhood. It is 2011 Prius II. I'm going to go read the owners manual now.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! You are one the right track.

3. barcelona11

barcelona11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome!

Don't be afraid to drive it like a traditional car until you've had the chance to absorb some learning. The manual is a good start.

I have had my 2011 for almost 4 weeks, and I am crazy about it. I am getting 58 mpg by following tips from local friends as well as the video here on PriusChat. My fave is EV mode, as I spend a good bit of time in parking lots and drive thrus (bank, dry cleaners, school).

Most of all, I love driving right past a zillion gas stations!

Enjoy!

4. jrlnc

jrlnc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I remember that time for me 5 months ago.

I started reading and it was a little discouraging because so much was new. It can be overwhelming. This was right before Christmas and I had to drive on a trip out of town. I wanted to understand the car before I went on such a long drive in it.

Then I found a CD in the back of my owner's booklet and watched it on the computer. It made learning much easier and you can go back to it a few more times. (I've watched it at least 3 times).

Check in the back of your booklet to see if you have one too. I highly recommend it! :)

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just once?! :eek:

Hope you enjoy your new Prius and welcome to Priuschat :welcome:

6. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat:welcome:

You're under a lot of pressure to prove to the neighborhood you made the right decision. Read the owner's manual, search the threads and prove to your neighbors you know what you're doing!:D

Enjoy the high MPGs, technology and low emissions.

7. oldasdust

oldasdust Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Add me to the list of learning also. The wife and i went on our first little excursion in our 2011 III and i tested some of the things learned from the wise owners here. We went about 450 miles total on flat highway and rolling hills. I had the bejesus scared out of me on the return trip while gliding from the top of a hill at arrox 60 mph. While on the way down for a couple seconds with my foot off the gas pedal all gagues when dark. I was about to yell oh s**t when they came back on without any bars displayed untill i had to touch the gas lightly to go up the next incline, whew. In the rain got 53.2 mph for the trip lots of fun playing with the prius.