1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi!! Just joined the Prius Family!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by krazypriuslady, Mar 17, 2012.

1. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi :cheer2:
    I had a 02 Audi A4 Quattro in mint shape but was starting to creak and groan a little. Also had oil spots in the garage. Also, took 93 premium gas from only the 'good' gas stations and getting about 18 MPG city with the onboard computer.

Wasn't planning to buy a car, but I made the mistake of going into the dealer to see the new C model and test drove the GenIII and got it 2 days later. Can't say I did a lot of research, but I did compare to the Honda hybrid and Jetta TDI.
    I hope I got a good price- I bought the extended warranty and am now waiting for a quote from Troy. I may return the one to dealer I got the car from

So I got the last 2011 on the lot, a blizzard pearl, 2011, no nav, basic standard options. We are loving driving it. Still getting used to the weird noises. Don't miss the Audi as much as I though I would.

I wanted to get the mudflaps but 2 dealers here told me they don't make them for 2010/2011. I see them on this site and others, so that confuses me.

I've been reading the boards a lot this past few days and learning a lot. I'm so glad this board exists with so many good owners willing to share info and help us new to the party get 'up to speed'. :)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and :welcome: all the best!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Great color choice. They do make flaps and even two styles. Find a better dealership. :)

4. ewilke

ewilke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    welcome and enjoy the high gas prices.

5. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Enjoy, and welcome. It will be nice getting 50 mpg instead of 18...

6. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome aboard! :cheer2:

I too just joined the Prii family. Loving the the mpgs on my 2012-2 over my old 2003 Baja (20-27mpg).

Don't sweat the deal you got as long as you didn't pay sticker+ :eek: LOL

7. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC :)

8. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks everyone!

Anyway, I forgot to mention that my dog THREW UP in the car on the 2d day... We were parked waiting for someone, and she was on my lap. Thankfully (funny to say that..) it was mostly on me and plastic. Didn't leave any lasting stains, but I'm still going to look into some spray on stain-repellent stuff.

9. cambridgehank

cambridgehank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was told no flaps by two , not the same two, dealers. The one where I bought the car told me to buy them on line and they would install them.

10. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was also told the same by 2 different dealers - I even asked one to find it by p/n which they said was invalid. Both said they'd install for about $60 but that they wouldn't warranty the item.
    I am still going to inquire more about this, because after < 1 week of ownership, the car is mostly still clean except down there by the mud flap area.
    I know it's a simple job, but don't trust myself making the drill holes etc myself (would be the first time)

11. 6dogs

6dogs New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    O.K. from one dog owner to another that is too funny. I have 6 dogs so I know about throw up. So far I have a small crate in the back so any of my 3 little dogs have to be in the there for right now. I fear the yak in my new car as well. I have a 2011 Prius 11 in the Sandy Beach- I wish our beaches looked as gold as the car. Have fun!