1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mg555, Feb 9, 2015.

1. mg555

mg555 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi there! I am new to this message board and wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking and reading lots of posts. So much great information here at Prius Chat! It helped reading a lot here before purchasing my "new addition" to the family.

Just purchased a new 2014 Prius the other week and have been enjoying driving her around town. She was the very last new 2014 at my local Toyota dealer, and was even surprised there was one left. DH and I thought we got a good price on the Prius, so we purchased the 2014 instead of the 2015 we had originally been looking at purchasing. Package 2 in classic silver. As it is a package 2 it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but that is ok as it is all I need.

Previous car was a 2003 Mazda MPV which got 17 mpg in the city - on a good day. Have been wanting a Prius for several years now but wanted to wait until the MPV died. Well, finally after 12 years, that day came and now a shiny new Prius resides where the Mazda once did. And I am really enjoying watching that dashboard display show 45+ mpg. Wow, what a difference from the 17 in the city!!

Lots to learn about the Prius. I haven't had a chance to read all the manual yet, but I know I am going to have to. Pretty high tech car! At least for me coming from the old car to this one :)

PriusGuy32 and ftl like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, all the best!(y)

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Welcome to the PC family!

4. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
  5. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to the 'ol Prius Chathouse. I joined a few days before I bought mine, and after 10 months, I've racked up almost 3000 posts. It really is a treasure-trove of valuable information.
    Welcome aboard.

6. mg555

mg555 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the welcome! :)

7. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to Priuschat, and Congratulations on a very wise purchase (y)

I bought my first Prius in 2012... after YEARS of driving trucks & SUVs. I entered the Prius thinking it wasnt going to work out, and today I cannot imagine driving anything else! As a matter of fact, Im looking to upgrade to a used 2013 right now :D

8. Bob-blehead

Bob-blehead Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome, and congrats! Like you, I just recently purchased the last new '14 Prius v they had on the lot.

I see that you are from Tennessee. Quite the storm that moved through there yesterday. We were driving north from Tampa through all of that ice and snow. I was very impressed with how our Prius v handled the ice and snow, on stock tires. I fully expected the authorities in Tennessee and Kentucky to close I-75. Luckily they didn't.

I hope you enjoy your new car!

9. Sampino35

Sampino35 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome and congrats! I too am coming from driving older model cars and bought a Prius 2. While the 2 doesn't have all the advanced packages, its still a huge upgrade from what I'm coming from. I don't regret not getting a higher package. My phone works just fine for nav and i stream pandora through BT. The only things that would've been nice to have are the DRCC and heated seats. That said, I've had mine about 6 months and am still learning new features like the auto lock. I went out to wash her the other day and I used the key fob to unlock it in case i needed to get in it. I turned to fill a bucket of water, and i could swear i head the "beeb" locking it. I unlocked it again. Abt a min later, it locked itself again. Turns out its a safety feature. If the car gets unlocked, and no doors open within like 60 seconds, it locks itself back up incase the button was hit by accident. Plus, I'm notorious for locking my keys in the car, don't have to worry about that anymore, Prius got my back. :)

10. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congratulations & welcome.

11. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, 60 seconds is the default period before it does that. My owners manual says you can have that setting changed by a dealer so it waits longer before relocking itself, or never relocks. There are also ways you can make that change yourself, but they don't make it easy.

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!

13. Sampino35

Sampino35 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I actually like that feature. This is my first new vehicle with a remote so I'm constantly wondering if I'm accidentally hitting a button when its in my pocket. Don't have to worry abt that too much now since discovering that "re-locking" feature. I haven't found it inconveniencing yet since i usually always open her with the keyless entry, or within seconds of hitting the button.