1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi. New Owner from NY! :)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lumosbabe, Dec 12, 2010.

1. lumosbabe

lumosbabe New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi.

I'm from the Upstate New York region, near Rochester where the weather always changes daily.

I just recently purchased a 2002 Prius model with 98,000 miles on it.

It's a beautiful little car. It's been cleared by the Toyota Dealership up here (which is where I took it to since I was purchasing it form private dealer).

I'm not sure what it's number is since I'm so new to the whole Prius "world" of vehicles.

I'm just worried about a few things that I'm sure can get cleared up quickly.

1. I keep hearing stories of the power steering/engine shuddering and being in bad shape. I've never experienced this but I do notice a slight movement in the vehicle when I start it up. It rocks a teeny bit and goes away as quickly as it came. That's about it. Is this a concern?

2. The whole NAVIGATION/CD issue. The Navigation screen is not connected and I don't think it ever came with the car. It also has an empty slot underneath the main screen and console, which is where perhaps the CD player would have gone in, I'm assuming. It's pretty bare. Is there anyway I can find out if my vehicle even had navigational ability when it was first driven by its previous owner? Also, if it didn't, is there a cheaper, good way to install one and take advantage of the touch screen display? Lastly, can anything be done with the empty CD space? I've got an iPod but I'm afraid of doing anything to the vehicle without doing permanent damage for the sake of some music.

That's about it.

I am loving the vehicle and I hope it turns out to be a good buy over time!

Thanks!