1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi! New to the forums and I have a quick question for you guys if it's alright

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by monkeytothemoon, Apr 18, 2009.

1. monkeytothemoon

monkeytothemoon New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well first off, I would like to thank the people who made this website because it has been a big help to me the past couple of days since I just got my Prius! I saved up for a long long time to put a down on this car (since freshman year of high school) and I am LOVING it. My parents don't understand why I didn't pick a "cooler" car to get, but oh well, I like it and I get great mileage. So now to my question (sorry for the long tangent).

My prius is the 2005 Prius, I got it used and it had 26k on it, I was wondering if it was supposed to come with a manual, even though it was a used car, if not, would Toyota still have the 05 Prius manual? Or would I have to get the newer model one? And if I have to get a manual for a newer model would there be a significant difference between it and my car year? Thanks in advanced!

2. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    eBay has quite a few owners manuals available for your 2005.
    Here is an example. Hope this helps.

eBay Motors: TOYOTA PRIUS OWNER OWNER'S MANUAL BOOKS SET 2005 (item 350189636556 end time Apr-18-09 21:02:45 PDT)

3. Mjolinor

Mjolinor New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I bought the owners manual at Christmas for a 2003 from Toyota. The price, new from Toyota was about half the price from eBay.

I had to wait about 2 months for it after ordering and paying.

4. edmcohen

edmcohen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Besides Ebay, there is a separate manual complied by enthusiasts available online: "Toyota Prius User-Guide" If you can't find it, send me a private e-mail and I'll e-mail you the PDF.

The car shown in my icon once meant to me what your new acquisition means to you. The picture was taken in 1960.

1 person likes this.
  5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Owner's Manual - hidden in your car, $16 or PDF for free

1. Search Your Car. It would not surprise me at all that the owner's manual, warranty booklet, etc. are actually in your car. The Prius has a few somewhat hidden compartments. The most likely areas to find your owner's manual:

a. Lower Glove Compartment - in the back of it there's a slot to hold the owner's manual and booklets that come with the car.

b. Center Console Front Drawer - there's a drawer at the front (bottom near the floor) of your center console.

2. Hard Copy. You can order a 2005 Prius Owner's Manual from any Toyota dealer or from the Toyota Materials Distribution Center - Telephone: 1-800-622-2033 Hours: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (Pacific Time).

The cost is only $15.95.

3. Electronic PDF Copy. You can and probably should register for toyotaownersonline.com

Toyota Owners Online | Official Toyota Owners Website

Once registered you can do word searches of pdfs of your owner's manual.

Alternatively, you can download pdfs of all the sections of your owner's manual, and then if you have access to adobe acrobat, you can piece the sections into one pdf file. Note however that it's a little time consuming to do this. Basically you have to word search the word "Section 1", "Section 2", etc. to pull up the different sections and sub-sections of the manual and then download them individually to your computer. But once you figure it out it only takes about 30 minutes.

Congrats and welcome to PriusChat. Best place on earth for things Prius.

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the Toyota Prius User-Guide created by john1701a is useful.

You can access it and other useful stuff on john1701a's site here: John's Stuff - Toyota Prius and more

7. aronlove

aronlove New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi I tried the toyotaownersonline website and the links to the owner's manual do not work for me! Anyone else have this problem?
    Or better yet, anyone have the whole manual in .pdf they could just email me?

thanks !!

aaron
    [email protected]

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The owners handbook normally lives in a pocket at the back of the bottom glovebox, did you look there? If not there, look in the last place you would look, you always find things in the last place you look.

9. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I don't know why the site is not presently working right (the PDFs were opening to a blank page). It will be in the future I'm sure.

In the meanwhile, I started a new thread where I attached 23 PDF files constituting the substantive sections of the 2007 Owner's Manual. You can download these PDF files onto your computer (and if you have Adobe Acrobat, it would be great if you were to stitch these 23 PDFs into 1 PDF of the complete Owner's Manual and post that 1 PDF so other people could use it):

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/60662-2007-owners-manual-pdfs.html#post831486

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As much as I hate to think of Prii in a salvage yard, call around to see if any in your area have a 2004/2005 Prius. There were no changes between the two years. However, 2006 showed marked differences so stick with the '04/'05.

If I'm wrong about the differences, someone correct me but I'm about 98% sure that more than 90% of the content is identical.

And :welcome: welcome to PriusChat and congrats on your car. It's great to see young drivers.

11. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    They'll understand when gasoline goes back over $4.00 :rolleyes:

12. monkeytothemoon

monkeytothemoon New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks everyone! I just ordered the manual from Toyota, they said it'd take two weeks for it to come.

@edmcohen, @ Boo:
    Thanks for the links and info on the John's stuff site its really useful

@pewd:
    Thanks exactly what I told them too, especially because my dad owns a v8 Tundra and my mom owns a Sienna (which sucks because she's a traveling nurse), but oh well, they're my parents, and I love 'em anyways.

I have another quick question(s) for you guys if thats okay.

Well, I went to toyota today to ask if my car was supposed to come with a spare key and they told me no, is this right? I thought all cars were supposed to come with a spare key, did you guys have a spare with your prius when you bought it? If so, should I insist on them making one if that's even possible?

One last thing too, would it be possible to install an auxilary jack on a 2005 Prius? And could I get it done at my local Toyota dealership?

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2 keys when new

My 2007 came new with 2 keys/fobs.

So I would see about getting another key from your dealer for free.

14. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You might try the Toyotaownersonline website, again. I have been having problems with it and communicating with them. I think they may have it fixed. The manuel definitely should be available there. *** Have your vin # ready when you register.

16. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A