1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi there! buying 13' Prius ONE. Best way to test out if Battery is healthy?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by XdrogosX, Feb 28, 2017.

1. XdrogosX

XdrogosX New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    I
    any hints appreciated. If I get a decent MPG on 5-10 mile test trip, would that be enough or should I pay for full inspection at toyota stealership? ...car is fairly young and has only 37k miles but it was on the lot for most of Chicago winter so not sure how that influenced battery life. 8 year/100k warranty on battery is honored regardless whether I am original owner or not, right ?
    thanks again

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are fine.
    At 37,000 miles you won't have issues with the hybrid battery.

Could be all sort of other problems, issues, but the hybrid battery will be fine.

RCO likes this.
  3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    And anyway it's possible (likely) that the dealer won't even really know how to test the hybrid battery to see what condition it's in.
    Even if you know how, there is some guess work involved; you can't ever tell for absolutely sure when it is working right at the moment.

And yes the battery warranty transfers. But you might want to ask YOUR dealer just to be sure they understand it the same way that you do.

RCO likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    make it at least 10 miles to lower the warm up penalty. drive it under varied conditions. should return at least 45 mpg.
    yes, you get the 8/100, i wouldn't worry about anything on a 2013. if it drives well and gets good mileage, you should be fine.all the best!(y)

RCO likes this.