1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hi there, ill have pigs in a blanket

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by mikep01, Nov 26, 2006.

1. mikep01

mikep01 New Member

hi this is my first post so ill introduce my self, i am a master auto tech for a major german dealer here in town, i would tell you wich brand but i dont want you to be blinded by the star. im am on my way to buying a prius next year probably pre owned. this is a fabulous site, i have gotton all my questions answered by using the "search" button. the artice written by eagle33199 is one of the best for roof racks and extra storage. ill have to sell my 04 f250 cc diesel first, love the truck but tired of the high payment and a 80.00 fuel bill every two weeks(14mpg city). i may not due much posting but i do a lot of reading here so keep the good info coming. the wife thinks im crazy for wanting to get rid of my truck but shes not paying for it, yah the interior size is nice but i usally drive alone to work in it and family on the weekends. once i get one i let you guy know.

2. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikep01 @ Nov 25 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]354130[/snapback]</div>
    Well, Mike...welcome aboard.

We do have a good site here. I've followed instructions from total strangers and cut wires and and made patches on a brand new car! We spat with each other from time to time because of bad tempers or poor social skills, but it all works out in the end. Park your truck nearby for those days when you have a big move from Costco and have a little fun with us in our never-ending quest for the perfect car.

I have one of your Star cars parked in my driveway which I've got to get around to selling one of these days. My wife has an even newer one but she likes to ride in my Toy-ota.

Let us know when you've been born again! Hallelujah! Another sinner coming home!

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Welcome Mike. I usta have a lot of fun with one of those mid-60's ...er... German cars. Prius is not a real 'cornering machine' but it gets the job done in a fairly dignified manner. People who want the best out of it change tires and add chassis stiffeners.

The optional side air bags seem very worthwhile, and you might think about that when comparing the available used vehicles.

Roof loads on Prius will really eat into fuel economy at highway speeds, but have a negligble effect below about 40 mph.

If you use that pick-up on Nevada's unpaved roads, Prius' scant 5 inches of ground clearance may take a little getting used to.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikep01 @ Nov, 10:17 PM) [snapback]354130[/snapback]</div>
    I wonder if eagle saw this credit yet!

5. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the board. Great avatar!