1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hi

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yotano211, Jan 30, 2014.

1. yotano211

yotano211 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is my 1st post so here goes.

I have a 2005 Prius, fully equipped Prius. In 2005 I think it had every single option in this car. But any ways....

I bought this car with 135k miles on Oct of 2013, I bought it for $7k cash. Even today this car is worth more than the blue book value. I think it wont become even in value for at least 2 more years. I sell on ebay full time, that is my only job for the past 4 years now. I bought a Prius because I wanted a hatch back vehicle with 4 doors that got good gas mileage. Somedays I would have over 100 small packages to deliver to the post office, my reason for wanting a hatch back. My car now has close to 178k miles, yes I do drive that much. I drive around to garage sales, 2nd hand stores, and other places looking for things to sell for my business.

I love my car, would I trade it for anything else, "no way". I've only owned 3 cars in my life but I do like to drive other people's cars. I would say my car ranks up there, on my list, of funniest car to drive in the "other category". When I got it, my friends would ask me about it, even though the car was 8 years old when I got it. One person asked so many questions that she went out and bought a used 2010 version. Last time I talked to her she said that she "loves it, its so quite".

I am planning to drive this car for a very long time. I am not a "tree hugger" or anything like that. I have always just liked driving cars with very good gas mileage. I also got it because I am a tech junky and this car hits my fix for tech.

my name is #$&#^@&, I'
    a autistic person that sells on ebay and drives a Prius and this is my short story.

Silver bullit and krmcg like this.
  2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like the Prius is a great fit for you. Congrats on the purchase and "Welcome to Prius Chat"!

3. magnumrtawd

magnumrtawd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here in the Toledo area a Toyota dealer will average 1-k under blue book trade in value. Other brand dealers are even less. There afraid of Pri"s. You must have a better market in OK.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome aboard, do you know the 'pickers'?:p all the best!(y)

5. yotano211

yotano211 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought this Prius when I was living in Las Vegas. I bought this car in Virginia, I found the car over ebay. I paid a mechinic to check over the car for me, he emailed me the report, and I went on from there to nogeitate a price over the phone. They agreed to the price, I went to the bank for a cashiers check, bought the airplane ticket that day, plus insurance and off I flew to Virginia. I drove all the way back, about 2500 miles.

It was the easiest car buying experience ever for me. I was only at the dealership for 15-20 min., mostly signing paperwork and another 10 min to getting used to a hybrid. I have driven a Prius once before but only for 10 min. What a "stock", I guess, the first time that I heard the engine shut off at a stop light. I kept thinking that the car was "broken". But I had to override my brain to stop thinking or feeling at this "new" Prius, for me it was new, will always brake down at every stop light. I was not used to any hybrid and I wasn't used to it for the 1st few months. Today I dont have any of those feelings or thoughts. To me it's just a normal car but with a 100lb battery in the trunk.

I am getting 48mpg in Tulsa. I can improve this with low rolling tires and a new 12v battery, I need to change the current one. But these forums have thought me how to improve my gas mileage by about 4-7%% by using "pulse and glide" and other methods. I have been on here for about 5 months just reading around but never posted anything until now.
    Yes with a Prius I did have to adjust my driving habits since this car only has 110hp. I am coming from a stock 1999 Civic Si with more hp and lighter weight but much lower mpg, 30mpg. And yes it fits me perfectly for my life style right now, yes I would buy another one in the future. And thank you everyone for posting very good informative info on PriusChat.

6. yotano211

yotano211 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No sorry I dont know the "pickers". I know that there is a show like that but never really seem it. I mostly look for electronics and mostly specialize in computers and computer parts. I mostly like those storage wars type shows. I have learned a lot from them but I dont go to storage places.

From talking to people that have been in this type of business for 10+ years, these shows have made the average prices on storage auctions rise in the past few years. They used to get storage for a few hundred in the past, now the same type of storage will run triple that. A lot of new people get into the business, they run up the cost and cant sell anything for a profit so they leave. But the shows continue so more new people come in. Hopefully some network wont make a type of show on what I do, if not I will be out of work.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i do enjoy watching those shows, but i can see how they might hurt your business. you've done a great job, i hope that doesn't happen. :)

8. yotano211

yotano211 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Me neither

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i could be wrong, but i don't think computers and electronics would make a very interesting television show. it seems to be more about collectibles and hobbies.

10. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings and Welcome.

Best of luck with the Prius and your business.