1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HI!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dot_guy, Jun 26, 2008.

1. dot_guy

dot_guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would like to introduce myself. I work for the City of NEW York Department of transportation, we have over 200 Prius's. I am responsible for making sure that our 250 mechanics have the proper tools and training to service these prius's and 500 other types of vehicles. So I am looking forward to reading some interesting posts and help out whenever I can.

2. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome! Glad to have you aboard! And A big thumbs up to the NYC DOT for forward thinking.:welcome:

3. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :welcome::welcome: HI DOT Guy! Welcome to Prius Chat, this is a very informative group and I think you have found a great spot to gather info on keeping all 200 Prius in top shape. Glad to see NY is on the ball. Hopefully Chicago will follow the lead soon.

Enjoy the group :D

4. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bet you have seen everything when it comes to Priuses. Have you run into any problems that seem to be more common that others? How many miles does the average car have on it?

5. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome. There are some very knowledgable folks on here. I am sure you will find it to be a valuable resource. At the same time, anyone that is responsible for 200 Priuses must have an awful lot to add. I hope you will be willing to share your experiences and thoughts. You are a great addition!

6. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you with us.

There is a lot to learn on this forum, I think you can add as well as learn here.

7. dot_guy

dot_guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not many problems on the newer model 07 -08's. Except for the occasional dead 12 volt battery, due to not running it for a few weeks. The brakes last almost forever. and we PM them every 6 months oil change, filters, etc. They do not hold up well in accidents. You will be safe but you better hope you have collision insurance b/c it's going to need a ton of money repairing it. The mileage can vary some have 2k miles and others 20k miles. We also still have some older models with over 70k miles. Overall we are extremely happy with them.

8. Ray Monroe

Ray Monroe New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Howdy and welcome Dot,

You have come to the right place when it comes to learning about the Prius. Spend as much time reading around here as you can. There is much good information to be had. Good folk here too.

9. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome dot guy.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Hey dot guy,
    do what you can so the sales folks actually have a bit of understanding what the HSD is, as many in sales simply throw out definative statements that seems to have come from Neptune. Few seem to (for example) seem to be able to help pair a bluetooth phone, or describe navigating from one MFD screen to the other.