1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hi

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by CTB, Jul 24, 2011.

1. CTB

CTB New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all
    I hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.
    I have a problem but when I descibe whats up, when I go to post I get this....................
    You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more. If you have a link to a news item or tip that you would like to share, please use the Contact link at the bottom right of this page.

Thing is there is no URL's or links

Any suggestions
    Thanks

Let me try and post it here and see if it goes

Hi all

I just inherited an 08 Prius a few months ago. 85000 miles on it. Had it in the shop to replace the PVC valve.
    All the fluids were topped off. They gave me a long list of things that needed to be done but thanks to all the good information here I declined. BTW what is a air conditioning service, besides dealership profit?
    Long story short I am on a long road trip. Temps in the 90's, MPH's @ 75 to 80. Normally the energy monitor's battery shows 6 bars. Toward the end of the day it was showing a steady 4 bars. Any cause for concern?

Thanks for any information or links if this has already been covered!

CTB

CTB

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No, the computers keep the HV Battery as topped up as they want it, if they can't, the whole warning light area lights up.
    While there is a lubricant in the A/C coolant, so far as I know, it is good for the life of the coolant. Prius A/C since Gen II has no belts.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I agree with the above post, if the AC is keeping your cool and seems to work OK no service should be required. However there is a cabin air filter which should be changed from time to time, depending on how much dust and other stuff it accumulates. I would change that and the engine air filter.

To post a link just copy the links address from the address bar of your browser. i.e. do edit, copy. Then do edit, paste and paste it into the post you are writing. You can then preview the post to see if it works.

Hope that helps.

4. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You might consider having the transaxle oil replaced if it has not been changed.