1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID After Market

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by NC_Convert, Aug 15, 2006.

1. NC_Convert

NC_Convert New Member

Just ordered my 2006 with package #5. Package #6 was not available for delivery before 9/30 and I didn't want to get the navigation system just to get the HID lights. Anyone know if you can subsitute these in after market either at the dealer or doing it yourself?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know the answer. I do know that the factory HIDs have a leveling device back by the rear axle that keeps the headlights aimed, some have posted that this is a legal requirement at least in some states due to the intensity of the light. Others have said it isn't?

Do a search of all forums for HID and you will get a lot or reading material, and some good information as well.

You could always change your order, I think the factory HIDs are a better choice. I have them and I really wouldn't want another car without them.

3. NC_Convert

NC_Convert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tumbleweed @ Aug 15 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]303492[/snapback]</div>
    They don't seem to have any in the system with the HID unless you get the navigation and I don't want to spring for the extra $2100 for something I'll rarely use.

Guess I've managed this long without HID and can live without it for the right price.