1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID bulb color mismatch?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by kazak, Jun 27, 2011.

1. kazak

kazak New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just installed the 5000k kit from HIDextra and immediately noticed the color difference. I thought they just needed to warm up but does not appear to be the case. I already contacted them about it and sent them these pictures per their request. There is a color difference right? Also, the lights do not appear level but I don't know if they're supposed to be that way.

Attached Files:

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They appear to be two different kelvin ratings. It happens more often with generic bulbs.

Is your driveway on an incline? Your cutoff looks to be too high.

Are you sure both bulbs are seated correctly?

3. kazak

kazak New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The driveway is indeed on an incline...probably around 5 degrees. As far as the bulbs being properly seated, I'm pretty confident that they are. In fact, it took a couple of tries to get them in there properly. One bulb had an extra o-ring that I had to take off. Hmmmm....I wonder if that had anything to do with the mismatched colors. Well, I'm just waiting for a response from the vendor.