1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID conversion to LED on halogen headlight assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by highmilesgarage, Jul 29, 2022.

1. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    When I bought the Prius the owner told me that the headlight wasn't working because the replacement he installed for the HID headlight was for halogen. The connectors are different so it wasn't plugged in. I was able to find an HID headlight from a junkyard but it turned out the lens has a different design from mine. I tested the HID and everything plugged in and worked but the headlights look mismatched, so I decided to buy a $22 H4 LED from amazon to use the matching halogen headlight assembly. The H4 bulb fits exactly in to the assembly and the light output of LED is way brighter (more white) than the HID. I'll be doing the HID to LED conversion to on the other side since I'm seeing issues with the current HID.

#1 highmilesgarage, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice work... I've done this conversion a couple times and can never remember the wiring. Hope when I do it the 3rd time I finally remember.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yes this is what you do is LED conversion into the halogen assembly not into the HID assembly The HID ballast and bulbs to retrofit and cars today some aren't as good as the HI as the LEDs rather. So I just use the LEDs in the halogen reflector one of these days I'm going to heat the stock headlights up and take the clear lenses off and maybe put a projector in a Gen 2 assembly but it's kind of a bunch of crap so I may not get to it.