1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID going off - My fix

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JLacy, Nov 7, 2019.

1. JLacy

JLacy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been having a problem with my HID's lights going on and off. The mechanic told me it was the ballast and wanted to charge me $350.

What I did to fix my issue was to replace my bulbs with HID's from DM Tuning. I didn't get the expensive ones but the less expensive of the two DR4 they offer.

It's only been a few days of driving but I can report my lights don't go off anymore.

I don't have any affiliation with this company and don't care if you buy them from there or not, but for whatever reason the DM Tuning HID's appear to have fixed my problem.

Someone else on here mentioned DM tuning for HID bulbs and I remembered I bought some automotive bulbs from them before that worked well. I gambled new bulbs would fix my problem and it appears to have done so.

Just thought I would pass this on for anyone who might need it. If the cheap HID bulbs you get off ebay won't fix your HID problem you might try these bulbs from DM before you shell out the big cash for the Phillips OEM.