1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID Headlight Replacement -- alignment?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sung Woo, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Sung Woo

Sung Woo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hey folks,

I followed the many instructions on here and on YouTube on how to replace HID headlights on my 2007 Prius. I bought this car with about 97000 miles and the lights were dim, and just a few days ago, they went out completely (they came back on when I turned them off and back on) a couple times.

Anyway, the lights are now in and they are bright and fantastic -- but the one on my passenger side seems like it's pointing up a little? Maybe I can explain this better with some old-school ASCII art. When I turn the lights on, the lit-up area in front of me looks something like this:

_______________-/

Well, maybe not that extreme, but you get my drift. It's like there's a slight rise as the beams go from driver to passenger side.

When I was replacing the bulbs yesterday, a couple times, I couldn't get the bulbs out and I ended up jostling what looks like a large half-round cover/thimble that the bulb hits against (reflectors or something?). There was a movable part in the thimble, because I saw it move, but I don't think I bumped it out of position or anything. But maybe I did?

- Sung