1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID light wont stay on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Islandboy84, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Islandboy84

Islandboy84 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all I have factory HID lights (2004 prius) much to my dismay. Anywho my drivers side light wont stay on. It turns on initially and then goes out. I thougtht maybe the bulb was going so I ordered a new one put it in and the same symptoms. It turns on initially and after a short time it goes out. If I turn lights on/off it does the same thing.

After doing some research and going on Prius DIY I was pointed towards the problem being the ballast. After ordering one (ordered the wrong part first) I finally got a new/different one in but it does the samething albeit it stays on longer (2:25s vice 1 min). Im going to return the part but after experience the same symptoms Im wondering if there is anything I need to check or just wondering if the part I got is also bad.

Also has anyone gone from factory HIDs to a different HID. Are there any recommendations on going after market ballast /bulb vice sticking with factory. How hard is installing.

Toyota Prius: How to Replace the HID Ballast/Computer/ECU - PriusDIY.com