1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID replacement and transaxle fluid drain/fill

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sciencekit, Mar 3, 2010.

1. sciencekit

sciencekit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys, two questions concerning my 2004 Prius.

1. I need to replace my HID lamps, any good instructions out there?

2. I need to change out my transaxle fluid, and would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction for instructions on that.

Thanks!

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Science, from a "neighbor" of sorts about 90 miles to your west! I've been following your thread about your battery issues. Glad it's working out for you so far. Looks like the Re-Involt folks have a good thing going for them ... and us.

I can't help with the HIDs (do a good search and maybe you can find a thread that can), but for the transaxle fill, this is perhaps the most thorough thread:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...bleshooting/44124-changing-transaxle-oil.html

There are a number of sidebar discussions to wade through to get to the how-to posts, but that's the thread that emboldened and informed me (a non-mechanically-inclined individual) enough to change my own.