1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID to LED on 2006 touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by B Wheeler, Jun 17, 2022.

1. B Wheeler

B Wheeler New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello all, stoked to be here as I just finally purchased my first Prius. I just moved back to the city and don't need my truck anymore to pull a trailer or for work so it feels good to be moving forward in better ways. I've started the improvements and customizing, I find it really makes my vehicle mine, and I appreciate all the newer technology we can use to make our lives easier or better. I've started with the headlights, mainly because the dumbledore that switched the headlights from stock installed ones that weren't even the same color. I'm running into some problems that I wasn't expecting, the LED's for my tundra were plug and play. I guess the 2006 touring uses HID and so the LED's that I bought from auxbeam (I went with auxbeam because I'm pretty satisfied with the led's that I bought for my tundra) didn't fit into the area that the other headlights fit into. So I took that frustration and decided to buy new headlight assemblies. I'm assuming the new ones will receive the LED's just fine. I also purchased the wiring connections that I think I need to plug the LED's into. And I hope I'll be able to figure out how to connect the wires ok. I've been watching a bunch of videos on youtube and I feel like I know what I need to do. The previous owner got it from the person that did the headlight mods in the first place, currently there's an extra ballast and a couple different wire connections going from that ballast to the headlight. And I couldn't stand the fact that they didn't secure them down, they just loosely bouncing around in the engine compartment. To me that was unacceptable. So that's another reason for the change. So I apologize for the lengthy post but I feel a little backstory was needed. I actually do have a question, do you all think this will work? Do I need anything else? a new relay? I'm so stoked to be driving around in this prius, I was looking for a few months, glad it finally happened I was getting very tired of running errands in the tundra. I think these headlights will be a nice addition to this black prius. prius.jpg ebay.jpg wiring.jpg

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The LEDs really won't require the ceramic connectors but good you bought them their extra heavy anyway and you just need to plug up the wiring correctly I can't put a picture here I did this I could send it to you direct but don't know your email the pictures that is of my HID to LED conversion with no lights or feedback on all worked perfectly in an '05 I've been using aux beam for years and all my motorcycles

Prius Rising and B Wheeler like this.
  3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
  4. B Wheeler

B Wheeler New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    thank you, a photo of what you did would be rad. I think I'm figuring it out. my email is brandon-wheeler@hotmail

5. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Koito Bi-Leds? True or not?
    LED headlights | Page 4 | PriusChat