1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HIDs on my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by tandy22, Aug 28, 2010.

1. tandy22

tandy22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey everyone, new here

I just got my prius last night, loving it, more than i have expected

anyways, i have a shop in san francisco, called Audiologix, its at polk and eddy st.

I will gladly take care of my friends on prius Chat :)

btw, i work on different cars too, mostly audio, video, alarms, HIDs, car mantainence, oil changes, brake jobs, and i sell car accessories too!

I have just installed my new HID headlights today, here are some pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet!! :cool:
    Welcome, with your abiliities, you are going to fit in nicely around here!!!
    Mods be Cool!!!

3. Barnardf

Barnardf Sail into the Mystic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Very nice. Been thinking about doing the same mod on my 2010 III. Done lots of audio upgrades and mods, but never HID's. Which HID kit do you recommend? did you do both hi and low beams or just low? Any words of advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

4. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ^^ Any HID kit is pretty much the same. Where you buy is what matters if you want a warranty. I have always done just the low beans on my car as the lights take time to warm up so unless you're doing extended driving with your high beams, its not really worth it. I also recommend a relay so that the kit pulls power directly from the battery and uses the stock wiring only as a switch for the circuit so you don't increase the risk of melting your OEM harnesses due to the increase initial draw of power needed to ignite the gas in the bulbs.

5. tandy22

tandy22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    if you guys are interested, my shop sells this HID kit for 120 shipped, it has a flat ballast and customers from my shop who has installed that kit never had the overheating problem, you can pm me. :)

i agree andino, I only did my low beams, High beams i rarely use, since i'm mostly in downtown San Francisco.

also, my shop offers the HID fog lights too! I think I might get a yellow one sooner or later