1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High Center Brake Light Screw?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Codemonkey757, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Codemonkey757

Codemonkey757 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I recently ordered a new high center brake light online, and it came in. When I went to replace it, I didn't realize that I was missing a screw for it. Except for dealer repair shops, I've looked everywhere for one, but can't find it. Before I resort to ordering a new screw online (after I go to a dealer repair shop), is there an alternate I can use that will work? Or should I just buy it online? If it wasn't for the fact that I'd be spending more on shipping than I would for the part itself, I wouldn't mind.

Here is the screw I'm talking about.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If there's a dealer nearby, I'd just go in and buy it there. If it's not in stock they'll have to order it, but the dealer distribution system usually gets ordered parts there crazy fast, like the next morning, and they don't typically charge you anything for shipping.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Mine fell out about 6 months ago. It is an M3 shoulder screw not available anywhere else but the dealer. I took out the second one which was also loose, replaced ad tightened them with blue Loctite. The screw is subject to a lot of vibration.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is why always grabbing random screws and bolts and adding them to your junk drawer is wise... Perhaps you can find a junk yard with a wrecked Prius nearby to get that missing screw, as well as other parts you might need?

5. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two