1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High Intensity Discharge HID Headlights Claim Form

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ukr2, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I haven't seen a post of anyone receiving a Claim Form (Collado vs. Toyota Motor Sales) for the Prius HID lamp problem. I received it 2 weeks ago and it needs to be returned by May 30, 2011. It extends the HID repair warranty to 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Has anyone received it? All of you with a 2006-2009 Prius should have.

My 2007 has 66,000 and is just 4 years old. I had the passenger-side bulb changed twice for free before 10,000 miles. However, the same side is still intermittant, maybe noticed twice a month. To correct I just turn off the light switch and turn it back on and it good for a few weeks.

I called the dealer, but since I'm over 50,000 they won't do anything except cover 1/2 the $300 bulb, costing me $150.

Per the Options of the Lawsuit, I'm planning to COMMENT and tell the court my situation and try to extend the warranty to 5 years or 100,000 miles since many other New Cars sales have warranties of 10 years or 100,000 miles.

What are you planning to do?

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am over 50,000 miles and have had no troubles, I do not plan to do anything.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I received the forms about a week or two ago. Of course, I knew about the settlement and felt it'd be useless to me since I'm past 50K miles and 5 years. :(

Well, today, I finally noticed one of my HIDs was out. :( I'm at 508nn miles and about a 1.5 months past the 5 year mark. I'll be calling my dealer for a quote on Monday, but I suspect I'll end going the DIY route.

For the reasons/justifications on the form, I could try pleading my case, but I don't know what criteria they'd use. Does being an active Priuschatter who has help debunk a lot of the myths and misinformation help? :)