1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High milage?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by socalduncan, Apr 15, 2004.

1. socalduncan

socalduncan New Member

I'm just curious about how much driving people out there are doing? Being a stand-up comedian, I put a LOT of miles on my car- I picked it up November 21, and am at 12,700 as of April 15. Anyone else driving this much? I'm saving a TON of $$$ on gas since my old car was a 92 Camaro, which was getting around 15 MPG, while my Prius has been around 49-50. Happy driving!

-Matt Walker
    http://www.funnymatt.com

2. jasond

jasond New Member

I've put on 7k in a similar amount of time. Two years ago I had to make daily trips of 85 miles each, in addition to a 58-mile round-trip commute.. I put about 25k on that year.. wish I'd had the Prius then!

The downside is that the warranty disappears pretty quickly. I got the 100k extended warranty for that reason -- I went throught the 5/60 warranty on my previous car in about 3.5 years (and the first year I had the car, I drove only about a thousand miles!)

3. rflagg

rflagg Member

I've had the car for 47 days now, and have 3750mi on it. Drive it about 100 miles a day for work, a little less on the weekends. My 'retired' car is a 2000 neon, had it since July 2000, and that has 90k on it, so I'm expecting to put about the same rate of miles on this car.

-m.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, I'm sitting at approximately 18,500 miles now on mine. I bought mine last November as well.

5. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

As a yet to be owner, I haven't decided on warranty yet. I drive about 50 miles a day M-F. Since toyotas are usually dependable, is there anyone out there with a toyota (of any kind) that bought an extended warranty and used it? I guess it would be one of those pice of mind purchases.