1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gurmail, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have posted 3 pictures in the general album from my very first trip home!! Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Way to go. Did you take delivery on top of a mountain?

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't get a chance to see your pics yet.. I'll find them sooner or later.

Maybe high mpg is a nice Bay Area benifit. When i drive ( if i drive like a prius driver and not a race car driver ) i get around 50 ( about minimal ) to around 75mpg as an average.. but i don't hold it there.. i like driving fast.. so i get low 40's. Laterly ( with 300+ miles on this tank ) i started driving "prius like" and was achieving these high mpg.. which.. brings my mpg up a few points in one day. Maybe on my next tank after my oil change, i will try to get a high mpg tank.

4. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks. No, the delivery did not take place on the top of a mountain. I drove thriugh country roads, lakes and hills at speeds of 20-60 mph, more towards 30 than 60. There were a lot of ups and downs but very few stops. I have never gotten mpg this high again. ( one month and a week).

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wtg.

for anyone looking for his pics, just click on "ablum" at the top of this page and then do a search under "gurmail"

i have gotten several instances of brief periods of high mileage and it is cool to see.

i have also gotten 56.39 mpg on a tank to beat the EPA (although i suspect part of the reason was a generous gas pump! the computer was only at 54.5 mpg and i believe it to be the more accurate measure. i am currently testing this theory and will know more in another 2 tank fulls.)

you will find taht your best mpg's will come not in EV mode but when the ICE is warmed up and running with minimal brake usage.

i ALWAYS am over the EPA of 51 highway...that is due to constant speed more than anything (i rarely if ever drive as low as the posted speed limit)

6. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

ablum? not seeing an ablum? you sure it's ablum?

:p

Just playin with ya!

7. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Please look under Album at the top of the screen and then General Pictures. They are on the very first page. Thanks.