1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High On MPG!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by hybridgrl, Jan 22, 2008.

1. hybridgrl

hybridgrl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got my Pri the beginning of Jan this yr and filled up for the first time tonight since purchase. Reset odometer and watched the mpg go at one point to 57 mpg and it was 27 degrees here in Cleveland. I had been driving the car for about 2 hrs. in city with some stops and had heavy items in back from shopping. I am in shock! I think if more people drove this car one time they'd be hooked and there would be none on the car lots. The Prius is like a well kept secret and once people figure out this car is the bomb the price is going to jump - in fact they've already raised the price for standard by $240 up here. Also very pleased with the Nokian WR G2 tires recently put on. They handle extremely well in the snow and ice up here. I am thankful for this website as I would have not known about them.:D

2. BlackPri08

BlackPri08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Congrats on your new prius. I just purchased mine late November. I'm consistly getting mileage at or near 50mpg here in central Indiana in the middle of winter. After my 25 mi drive to work today, on a fresh tank, I read 51 plus on my screen. I agree that if people could get past all the misinformation and fear, they'd love the car.

3. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    congrats on the purchase,
    This car rocks, I purchased mine in November after test driving it about 4-5 times (only because I liked it so much) Since it's so cold now I am just averaging 40 (it took a while for me to get used to the different driving style). One week the weather hit 50+ degrees and I was averaging above 50 mpg after the first 5 minutes of driving....
    I can't wait for the warmer weather to start Breaking the EPA.

Have fun and drive safe.

4. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WOW. Finally had a full bar with 100 MPG. the bar before was 60 and the bar after 90 mpg. get the SMUG meter out. Did not want to turn the car off and loss it. I do not have on ev switch.

5. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Check this out...

Attached Files:

6. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    how do you get that??? live on top of a mountain?:D

7. sparcus

sparcus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Today I got up to 58.3 MPG. Most of it was on highway. 187 mile trip @ 82ºF.

I'm not buying a conventional car again.

8. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yeah, that was taken at the bottom of a hill, on a recent drive from Julian, CA to Ramona, CA. MFD shows about 22 miles of mostly slightly downhill (elevation drop about 2900 ft), windy roads, so average speeds were in the mid 40 mph range.

The MFD was reporting about 50 mpg after getting all the way home (this was on the way back, mileage going up the hill wasn't nearly as pretty).

I was enjoying the curves in the mountains too, so I wasn't driving as efficiently as could be, but getting double the mileage of our other car (Subaru WRX) under the same conditions is nice!

9. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am on a warmer, flat island for the next 3 months. doing all local driving. Hope to increase on my 46.6 reading. odometer has 1060 miles.