1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High pitch cyclic noise at low speeds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 2ndGenCoffee, Sep 11, 2022.

1. 2ndGenCoffee

2ndGenCoffee New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base

Happens after driving for at least 15 minutes it seems, however sometimes early on I can get a single screech while turning left instead of every wheel rotation - what seems to be triggering it is the wheels being off centre, such as going uphill in a crowned road. Going over 40-50km/hr makes it going away, as does braking with the pedal (no luck with "B" mode), I have to rabbit the car in stop and go to not induce road rage upon myself.

I have replaced rear struts, front ones seem okay. I have inspected the dust shield up front, and pushed it away from the rotor - still noisy.

Brakes seem to have lots of life, however they are old

I have driven like this for 2 months, has not really gotten worse (or better).

Can't commute to work with this, would be super appreciative of any feedback regarding this

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So if you were to jack up the car and put it in drive with the wheels off the ground yeah put jack stands under the rocker panel for safety. And then the wheels going around and around do you get the same noise so then it has to be under car weight and load? Or do we know?