1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High pitch noise from engine

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by brwnjr82, Sep 26, 2008.

1. brwnjr82

brwnjr82 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Everyone,I bought a Prius 2008 model from the salvage,having done all the work,i realised when I am doing above 35 mile on the speedo there is this noise like a manual car that is being driven too long on the low gear.(high rev/minute)Like the gear is not going upto gear four or five.The damage to the car was the following:-off side front panel,mainframe,suspension,driving shaft,inverter coolant pump and fuse box inside the bonnet(hood).Notting physically wrong with the engine.Most of the repair was done on the persenger side.Any advice will be appreciated.Many Thanks in advance

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On Sept. 24 you posted the following string:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/53894-warning-lights.html

Given the driveability symptoms mentioned in your message above, and assuming you still have the warning lights on, then this is evidence that the hybrid vehicle ECU is acting weird, resulting in the excessive engine RPM that you have reported.

It really looks like you'll need to pay your local Toyota dealer for the labor time required to retrieve the various DTCs that have been logged, and find out what the Prius tech diagnoses. Given the damage that you cited in your message, I am wondering if you also have wiring harness or transaxle damage.

Good luck.