1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High Voltage Cables & First Responders

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by CyberBiker, Feb 3, 2008.

1. CyberBiker

CyberBiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I hope this is a reasonable place for this question.

Please Consider:

My son is a Fireman/Paramedic and does first responder work for both of the organizations he works for. He posed a question that I have been unable to find an answer for, so I thought I would see what the pundits here had to say about the question or a source for the answer.

It is my understanding that the High Voltage wire coming from the Main Battery Pack to the Electric motor is orange.

What happens if that cable has to be cut by the first responder at an accident?
    What Precautions need to be used in handling a damaged high voltage system?
    It seems there should be a fuse that would cut off current from the battery, is there one?
    Where is it?

Thanks for your help

p.s. How can I fix this signature thing. It is supposed to be the GreenHybrid MPG data link.

2. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    that reminds me, i need to send that info to my dad.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Why didn't he contact Toyota? Doesn't his local certification authority keep up with things? Hybrid technology isn't exactly new.

5. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    For the signature, see this thread. You need to use vBulletin's link formats, not standard HTML.