1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HIgh Voltage Paranoia?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by turbo5spd-prius, Apr 13, 2024.

1. turbo5spd-prius

turbo5spd-prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just replaced 4 modules between two tear downs of the HV pack. Both cases prompted by the RTOD far from home base.

Watching the battery while driving now, I noticed that the battery went into the red bars easily on not so challenging state highway drives. Yet climbing a mountain, it kept at least 3 blue bars. Does this sound right?

I tested and recorded it on a medium incline, driving somewhat spiritedly with TechStream and the modules stayed fairly close in voltage. Blocks with "new" modules have the lowest resistance.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    This is kind of what can happen when you mix and match modules and don't have the capability to charge and discharge multiple cycles and try and get some sort of a new state of balance maybe I don't know when you buy a new battery and you drop it in there you avoid some of these more challenging issues or you buy equipment and start charging and discharging modules or packs or whatever it is you do. You'll either spend money in your time or in cash.

3. turbo5spd-prius

turbo5spd-prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. That makes sense to me. I guess they'll eventually settle in with time and cycles, just as the whole pack syncs with a bad module and limits itself to its capacity...

Tombukt2 likes this.